New destination for software outsourcing
- Vietnam is an Asia Tier 1 emerging-market location and top 5 location for outsourcing (Gartner’s Leading Global Locations for Offshore Services, 2016)
- Ho Chi Minh City in Top Outsourcing Cities in 8 consecutive years (Tholons, 2009-2016)
- Vietnam is #3 in global offshoring hotspot and #1 in competitive cost (Tower Watson, Services Offshoring Ranking 2013)
- Vietnam is ranked 1 in pioneering location and cost environment (Cushman & Wakefield business process outsourcing and shaped service location index, 2016-2017)
- Vietnam is #6 in 2017 Global Services Location Index (A.T. Kerney, 2017)
- Vietnam is an offshoring destination most preferable by Japanese companies (Resorz Co., Ltd, 2016)
- Gartner’s Leading Global Locations for Offshore Services, Viet Nam is top 6 for leading countries in offshore business services worldwide in 2021
- Vietnam ranked among the Top 6 best locations for IT outsourcing, according to The Global Services Location Index (GSLI, 2021)
- Vietnam is ranked #9th in TSGI Top 50 Digital Nations all over the world which increased 4 ranks compared to 2019, according to Tholons Services Globalization Index 2020
- 18th in the top 100 outsourcing destinations (According to Tholons Services Globalization Index 2019)
- Ranks no 9 in the list of the friendliest country (According to Espresso Communication, 2021 )
- One of the most connected countries in the world (According to World Bank, 2021)
- Fixed broadband internet service speed reached 68.50Mbps
- Ranking 42/181 nations and territories (an increase of 14 places from 2020)
Large talent pool for software industry
- Vietnam is in top 10 countries with most engineering graduates – research of World Economic Forum in 2015 on 128 countries (Forbes)
- Supply will continue to exceed demand for many years
- Nearly 130,000 Vietnamese students are studying abroad: 6th in USA, 5rd in Australia, 2nd in Japan (Australian Embassy Vietnam, University World News, Japan Student Services Organization（JASSO), 2017)
- Technology skills of Vietnam ranked the second in the Asia Pacific and 22nd globally (Coursera's Global Skills Index 2020)
Who has outsourced to Vietnam?
Vietnam IT Outsourcing Conference 2019 (VNITO 2019)
Vietnam ITO Conference 2019, with the main theme “Vietnam - The Emerged Destination for Innovation”, was held on 23-25 October in Ho Chi Minh City, to create a complete picture of Vietnam IT industry with various activities, such as Conference, Panel Discussion, Exhibition, Business Matching, Gala Dinner, Software Park Tour, etc. About 300 Vietnamese enterprises registered to attend. The event attracted more than 500 participants, with 150 multinational guests. VNITO 2019 organized more than 200 meetings to promote trade between Vietnamese businesses and businesses from Korea, Japan, USA...
Joining the conference, participants had a chance to know about:
- Vietnam IT industry information and data, business and investment environment in Vietnam
- Human resources, education & training, labor market, infrastructure, etc.
- Solution providers to introduce innovative products & solutions
- Explorers in quest of case studies on new technologies to enhance competitive advantages
- Business matching and visiting top Vietnam ITO and BPO companies
- Opportunities to meet, exchange and find the potential business partners
Any company looking for IT services and talents in Vietnam was able to find great information from the event with many activities:
- Conference with latest data and insights
- Panel discussions with many useful topics
- Business matching with top Vietnam IT companies
- Technology and software park tour
- Gala dinner
- City tour
For more event details, please access: http://vnito2019.vnito.org/
- "Competitiveness of Vietnam’s Engineering Workforce": Facts and figures from global research organizations about the positive landscape of Vietnam’s engineering workforce, in terms of both educational background and professional performance.
- “Checklist for Selecting a Vietnam Software Outsourcing Vendor”: Includes the criteria you may wish to take into account when examining Vietnam as a potential outsourcing destination.
- “The tech giants have moved to Vietnam. Why & Will you follow suit?”: Examine why Fortune 500 technology corporations have moved their outsourcing operations to Vietnam.