New destination for software outsourcing
- Vietnam is an Asia Tier 1 emerging-market location and top 5 location for outsourcing (Gartner’s Leading Global Locations for Offshore Services, 2016)
- Ho Chi Minh City in Top Outsourcing Cities in 8 consecutive years (Tholons, 2009-2016)
- Vietnam is #3 in global offshoring hotspot and #1 in competitive cost (Tower Watson, Services Offshoring Ranking 2013)
- Vietnam ranks 48/132 economies and 3rd in Southeast Asia in the Global Innovation Index (GII) 2022 (Global Innovation Index Database, WIPO, 2022)
- Vietnam ranks 1st worldwide in High-tech imports (Global Innovation Index Database, WIPO, 2022)
- Vietnam is ranked 1st in pioneering location and cost environment (Cushman & Wakefield business process outsourcing and shaped service location index, 2016-2017)
- Vietnam is an offshoring destination most preferable by Japanese companies (Resorz Co., Ltd, 2016)
- Gartner’s Leading Global Locations for Offshore Services, Viet Nam is top 6 for leading countries in offshore business services worldwide in 2021
- Vietnam ranked among the Top 6 best locations for IT outsourcing, according to The Global Services Location Index (GSLI, 2021)
- Vietnam is ranked 13th in TSGI Top 50 Digital Nations all over the world, according to Tholons Services Globalization Index 2021 (GSLI, 2021)
- 18th in the top 100 outsourcing destinations (According to Tholons Services Globalization Index 2019)
- Ranked no.9 in the list of the friendliest country (According to Espresso Communication, 2021)
- One of the most connected countries in the world (According to World Bank, 2021)
- Fixed broadband internet service speed reached 68.50Mbps
- Ranked 42/181 nations and territories (an increase of 14 places from 2020)
Large talent pool for software industry
- Vietnam is in top 10 countries with most engineering graduates – research of World Economic Forum in 2015 on 128 countries (Forbes)
- Supply will continue to exceed demand for many years
- Nearly 130,000 Vietnamese students are studying abroad: 6th in USA, 5rd in Australia, 2nd in Japan (Australian Embassy Vietnam, University World News, Japan Student Services Organization（JASSO), 2017)
- Technology skills of Vietnam ranked the second in the Asia Pacific and 22nd globally (Coursera's Global Skills Index 2020)
Who has outsourced to Vietnam?
Vietnam IT Outsourcing Conference 2021 (VNITO 2021)
Following the success of the VNITO Conference from 2015, 2017, 2019, on December 15, 2021, Quang Trung Software City (QTSC) and Ho Chi Minh City Investment and Trade Promotion Center (ITPC) cooperated with Vietnam Digital Technology Alliance (VNITO) to organize a series of Digital Technology Conferences (VNITO Tech Series) with the theme of 2021 as "Technology for real estate in the digital economy" in Ho Chi Minh City and on an online platform with more than 100 attendees.
Joining the conference, participants had a chance to know about:
- Technology to support Covid-19 prevention in buildings and residential areas
- Surveillance technology, ensuring security for smart buildings, smart residential areas (Smart Camera)
- Technology helps to manage the population, creating an open ecosystem for a smart residential community
- Smart building operation management technology
- Digital transformation needs and trends in the Real Estate sector
- Digitizing Assets in Real Estate
- Real estate management according to the sharing economy model
- Application of technology in transaction management, real estate purchase and sale
- Protech - what technology is most needed for real estate businesses today.
Any company looking for IT services and talents in Vietnam was able to find great information from the event with many activities:
- Conference with latest data and insights
- Panel discussions with many useful topics
- Business matching with top Vietnam IT companies
- Exhibition of typical SP-GP in the field of real estate
- Webinar and live streaming of the entire conference on an online platform
- Support to meet and connect between customers in need and technology solution providers
- Release of brochures introducing typical SP-GPs at the event
- VIP Lunch
- Minigame with many gifts for online and in-person attendees
For more event details, please access: http://vnito2021.vnito.org/
- "Competitiveness of Vietnam’s Engineering Workforce": Facts and figures from global research organizations about the positive landscape of Vietnam’s engineering workforce, in terms of both educational background and professional performance.
- “Checklist for Selecting a Vietnam Software Outsourcing Vendor”: Includes the criteria you may wish to take into account when examining Vietnam as a potential outsourcing destination.
- “The tech giants have moved to Vietnam. Why & Will you follow suit?”: Examine why Fortune 500 technology corporations have moved their outsourcing operations to Vietnam.