New destination for software outsourcing
- Vietnam is an Asia Tier 1 emerging-market location (Gartner’s Leading Global Locations for Offshore Services, 2014)
- Vietnam is in the Top Ten of A.T. Kearney’s Global Services Location Index 2011 & 2009
- "Ho Chi Minh City in Top Outsourcing Cities" (Tholons, 2009-2015)
- Vietnam is #3 in global offshoring hotspot and #1 in competitive cost (Tower Watson, Services Offshoring Ranking 2013)
Large talent pool for software industry
- Vietnam is in top 10 countries with most engineering graduates – research of World Economic Forum in 2015 on 128 countries (Forbes)
- Supply will continue to exceed demand for many years
Who has outsourced to Vietnam?
Vietnam IT Outsourcing Conference 2015 (VNITO 2015)
VNITO 2015, the biggest Vietnam IT Outsourcing conference was successfully held for the first time in Oct 2014. The conference gathered more than 300 participants from 20 countries including US, Japan, Europe, Australia, Korea, Singapore, creating an effective business matching platform for buyers and Vietnamese software outsourcing vendors.
The conference included a notable lineup of speakers discussing the potential of Vietnam software outsourcing from different perspectives:
- Vietnam software outsourcing landscape with facts and figures from Gartner and KPMG
- Success stories and best practices from investors like Harvey Nash, Logigear, ISB, and Luxoft.
- Vietnam’s capabilities and competencies from top companies like TMA Solutions and FPT Software
- Competitiveness, human resources, and development opportunities for Vietnam ITO, covered in 4 panel discussions.
Below is some additional information about the event:
- "Competitiveness of Vietnam’s Engineering Workforce": Facts and figures from global research organizations about the positive landscape of Vietnam’s engineering workforce, in terms of both educational background and professional performance.
- “Checklist for Selecting a Vietnam Software Outsourcing Vendor”: Includes the criteria you may wish to take into account when examining Vietnam as a potential outsourcing destination.
- “The tech giants have moved to Vietnam. Why & Will you follow suit?”: Examine why Fortune 500 technology corporations have moved their outsourcing operations to Vietnam.